Perform a self-esteem check? Dictionary dot com website states the word self-esteem means a realistic respect for or favorable impression of one-self; self-respect.
A self-esteem check is about becoming self-aware of how you see yourself in retrospect to others. I once read that self-esteem determines your level of happiness. How much you like yourself.
Your self-esteem is linked to how you perceive yourself. When you see yourself in a specific way determines, I believe, how you interact with others. If you don’t like yourself right now, why is that?
What is it you don’t like? This is most definitely linked to your self-esteem. Why? Because you cannot be happy with who you are with low self-esteem. It’s like being furious and happy simultaneously. It is just not possible.
So, by doing a self-esteem check you have to review your virtues or moral compass, your ethical standards and principles of which you want to live your life. You have to visit and or change your values and relative worth in society.
Your self-esteem is not only linked to your happiness but comprised of your goals, aspirations and even dreams. If you want to lift your self-esteem the best way to get started is to change how you see yourself. In order to change how you see yourself you must raise your confidence level and in order to do that, you must be willing to step out of your comfort zone to learn new things and become better at the things you want to improve on.
- Visualization – Visualize how you want to see yourself in the future. Visualization is a powerful tool to achieving any goal. Many people have used this technique and achieve positive results including myself. Visualize three times a day if you can. In the morning when you get up, in the afternoon and right before you turn in at night for best results.
- Affirmations – Affirm to yourself you are in the future right now. What do I mean by this? In the bible Romans 4:17 I said; “call those things that are not, as though they were.” You must learn to call thing into existence. Have faith and believe you are how you want to see your future self now. This powerful concept will not only help raise your confidence but will elevate your self-esteem in the process. “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he”
- Perform Charity by helping other people in need. When we tend to help others in need there is a joy, we receive for caring from the heart for others, which no amount of money can buy. Huge self-esteem booster. Charity is a powerful stimulus for confidence and in the there is a heavy emphasis placed on charity. Corinthians: 13:2 “And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.”
- Exercise – What a great way to build confidence and your self-esteem. Exercising will not only build self-esteem but build your body up and help you look great.
- Create short-term goals to conquer your fears weekly or daily. Make a list of things your fear and start conquering those fears. You will be amazed at what you can achieve once you start conquering your fears. Your self-esteem will sky-rocket with this powerful action packed challenge.
I must caution you, none of the steps will work if not performed on a consistent basis. You have to see it through in order to yeild the desired results.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read my post. My goal is to always edify you in a positive way. I wish you a fantastic and productive day! Thanks again.
Below is one of the hoodies I created to be positive and to share a positive vibe with all the people I come in contact with. You can do the same with this stylish hoodie that represents positivity. If you would like me to create one for you, reach out to me at; email@example.com.
I will be able to create a shirt or hoodie in the size that you want.
I Choose My Own Destiny
This is a white hoodie cotton blend with pink lettering. This is for a Size XL